Saturday, March 19, 2016

Happy Easter {A Letter to Our Children}


Love my little boy so much

Love my little girl so much too

Texas Flowers

Texas Tulips 2016

Beautiful Texas Flowers

To my sweet kiddos:

I've started writing letters to you guys to hopefully remember our daily moments.  This time goes so fast that sometimes it's so easy to forget many of the details.  Some of the things that I would love to remember from the last couple of months:

The start of soccer practice:  N you recently started soccer and seem to love it!  In your first game, the first time you kicked the ball, you scored.  We were so excited for you!!  You look forward to every practice.  I love seeing you get to be a part of a team and doing something you love.

The start of ballet:  E you started ballet just a couple of weeks ago.  I have to say you look so cute in your ballet outfit.  I love to see your excitement as you are learning new steps and making new friends.  I can't wait to see you at your performance at the end of the year!

Spring Break:  We stayed home over Spring Break and enjoyed catching up with friends.  We spent one day with a new school friend, one day with long time friends at McDonalds, and one day with friends watching Zootopia at the movies.  I love the friendships we all have formed over the years - they are such huge blessings to all of us!  We also got to visit with Grandma over Spring Break.  You guys were UNO and Super Mario champions.  Plus E, Grandma helped you get St Patrick's day ready with new green nail polish.  We had such a good time with her visit and were sad to see her go.

The Texas Tulips:  We went with Grannie and Granddaddy to see the Texas Tulips.  They had never seen them and I think we all enjoyed how pretty they were.  I hope we get to see them every year.

Sweet Moments:  E, you and I were playing a video game one night.  I asked you why the game didn't  let me have all my points that I knew it should have.  You told me it's because you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.  It really made me smile.  You're definitely right sweet girl.

N, you have been pretty sick lately and have been extra snuggly on the days you don't feel good.  I hate seeing you sick but I will definitely take all the snuggles.  You may have to have your tonsils removed soon...we're checking into all of this...but I hate seeing you sick so much.

There is definitely more I would love to remember.  I hope to keep adding to our list as the months go on.  This is such a special age.  You guys are growing so fast and as much as I would love to  freeze this time of our lives, I know it will keep going.  It will still be good...but I hope through our letters we can remember more of these moments.

I love you guys so very much!

Love, Mommy

*****************************************

I am participating in a blog circle with a great group of moms who are writing letters to their children as well.  We're doing it together as a way of supporting each other and as a reminder to keep writing when life gets so busy.  I'm so glad to be a part of such a great group of ladies.  You can follow our circle with Sonia's sweet letter next. 

2 comments:

  1. ah sounds like you had a lot of fun on spring break! Im jealous! I had to work all week :( But the kids had fun at least.
    Love the tulips, how spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun spring break! And those tulips are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...